Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gratitude List, January 8-14

Five Thanks a Day for the past week:

casual days at school
our new mattress
friendship of two Bonnies
popcorn
bright, hardworking students

Mama
Chesapeake Quality Traders
Stephen's passion for the Bible
wonderful night's sleep
pastoral leadership

Paul's & Ben's trip to playoff game
Ruizes' hospitality on game day
Sarah's care for a friend
Kenneth Moresco's encouraging sermon to parents
the sound of wind chimes

pretty, printed envelopes
Pilot Easy-Touch pens, med. pt.
hospitals/ medical community
choice
God's comfort in parenting

having singles' care group here Monday night
small and large appliances
Jesus is my Warrior King
joy of teaching
godly heritage


emergency roadside assistance
the Youngs' baby boy, Joshua
Truth that counters lies
uplifting email from friends
hair clips


plenty of food
fresh water
fuel
medicine
peace with and from God

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Sometimes I act like it's hard to come up with anything to be thankful for. When I saw 5 things per day, I thought, "Wow, what a challenge!" then I realized how silly that was. It shouldn't be a challenge. Thanks for reminding me that I have TONS to be thankful for.

One More Equals Four said...

Wow, great list! Amazing what you can come up with when you really stop to think about your blessings!

Frugal Friend said...

Inspiring, I need to do the same. Having a list like this will surely help on days I don't feel like there's anything to be thankful for (eg when I throw pity parties!)

Laurie said...

Thank you for inspiring me with a gratitude attitude and spurring me on to think thankfully!
Blessings!