Monday, January 18, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook 1.18.10

Stuck for a single theme, but with much on my mind, I revert again to
The Simple Woman's Daybook.


Outside my window...
is a sky the color of a blue topaz ring that Paul gave me for Christmas. That's quite romantic, wouldn't you say? There is also a pile of dirty kitchen rags hanging stiffly over a mop bucket on the deck, waiting to be washed.

I am thinking...
1) about teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) to Burmese refugees in Baltimore with Bonnie.
2) I need to see a chiropractor for compression of my spine.
3) My spine might not be compressed were it not for the computer chair I sit in. Too long. Too often.
4) I need to interview someone who has successfully homeschooled a young "only" child, preferably a male child.
5) how much fun our "Cows on Parade" art project will probably be today as I link it with our study of India.


I am thankful for...
Icy Hot, Oxy Clean, toilet paper, and cute note pads.

From the kitchen...
Fiber One Banana Nut "bread". They were supposed to be muffins, but I don't like all the "paper" work of muffins, nor the clean-up. I am so happy about having organized my kitchen pantry, Lazy Susan, fridge, freezer, chest freezer, and garage pantry on Saturday and came up with two weeks' worth of meals. Also feeling mega-blessed and humbled by God's provision.

I am wearing...
mismatched pj's. The top is missing two buttons and has been for an embarrassingly long time. Strategically placed pins do the job.

I am creating...
a poster-sized cow template.

I am going...
to clean house in preparation for singles' care group here tonight, and maybe some homemade lemonade.

I am reading...
Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free and Amazing Grace in the Life of William Wilberforce.

I am hoping...
that my son, Stephen, changes his mind about snowboarding tomorrow. He is supposed to start a new job on Wednesday and a new semester next Monday. He and extreme sports haven't been a happy combo in the past. He has a long scar on his leg to prove it.

I am hearing...
the shower running and the dog breathing.

Around the house...
are myriad projects calling out to me.

One of my favorite things...
is getting my eyebrows waxed.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
to find new carpet for the family room (per Paul's request--how cool is that?!) on Wednesday, a day I have off this week.

A picture thought I am sharing...

This is how I, a truly Impatient Gardener, grow cherry tomaters. I go to the store, buy some, and plunk one alongside each teeny weeny tomato plant, then snap a photo, and wish it were that easy.


1 comment:

Laurie said...

I like these daybook entries. I'm reminded not only of a simple woman, but a simple day filled with simple activities that God can use to draw us nearer to His side! It makes the simple seem glorious!