Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Best Pie You Don't Bake: Lemon Blueberry/4th of July Pie

Danielle reminded me today of this amazing, fabulous, out-of-this world, best no-bake pie I have ever eaten. Sarah made it one summer and the whole family raved. The sour lemon, the sweet blueberries, the soft, pseudo-crunchy texture of the graham cracker crust mixed with the smooth white creamy topping...

Okay , I will stop the review right here. I have a closet to clean. For all you folks now drooling for pie and dreading the thought of heating up your kitchen, stop! Remember: no oven required. Just a few simple ingredients, a few simple supplies, and the ability to read and follow directions. You don't even need a fork to eat this. Well, maybe you do, but if you consumed it the way we did...I'm just sayin'....

You may never bake another pie again.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love how creamy and cold it is too. Mmmm. Good thing I only make this once or twice a year! :)

zz said...

Yup! It's an addictive combination of ingredients and textures. I think I'll stop by the store today .Got the blueberries y'day!

Laurie said...

Ummm. And you don't have to roll a crust or heat the oven! Just reading about this DID cause me to drool!