Saturday, October 16, 2010

Brooks Elijah, New Kid on the Zub Block

On September 15, 2010, a new baby was born into the Zubrowski family. The wonderful
parents are Danny (Paul's nephew) and his wife Lisa. A couple weeks ago Paul, Sarah, and I made a little jaunt over to Danny's house to meet the little blessing, all decked out in Ravens apparel.

I just love the soft, squishy skin and scrawny ankles and floppy neck of a newborn. I missed the way a baby "roots" on your nose or cheek when he's looking for something "else" at feeding time! I love how little they look in a man's arms, and how snuggly they get in a woman's. I love everything about them, except when they cry inconsolably. So far Brooks (named for the famous Orioles third baseman) has not been like that. He's been a very easy keeper.

One other thing I love: Danny, Lisa, and Brooks only live five minutes from us. Lots of Aunt Zo snuggle time, I hope! Makes me long for grammyhood.










1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sweet congratulations Aunt Zo!