Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 10.17.10

Prompted by this blog:


Outside my window... on the covered front porch are boxes painted like Lego bricks, topped with plastic tumblers turned upside down to be the "studs." Our church is doing a Trunk or Treat and each care group is doing its own theme. A few of us got together here for a painting party on Saturday. I had to work through heart issues with Joel when one of the gals painted a tall box to look like alternating black and yellow bricks. Why heart issues? Those are Steelers colors. " The Steelers are our arch nemesis, Mom!"

I'm thinking...that 1000 mg of an iron supplement sounds like too much. I have to ask the doctor if I misheard her.


I'm thankful for...modern medicine and doctors and a likely diagnosis for all my pain and fatigue of late.


I'm wearing...a black skirt and a green cotton top that has a duck sauce stain on it from lunch.


From the kitchen...a German chocolate cake that Sarah just iced. Mmm. Chocolate is great therapy for anemia, right?


I'm reading...Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream. Can't read it without being moved, challenged, shaken, and otherwise changed--and I'm only three chapters into it.

I'm hoping...that the doctor's hunch was wrong, that I get better news soon.


Around the house...many examples of Sarah's love for education: her schoolbooks, notebooks, laptop, fun things for her kindergarteners. On our dining room table is a darling little apron she
ironed on the words, "I AM A CHEF"; a garden of plastic fall plants the kids can "plant" in the holes of an upsidedown wicker basket; a poster called "Pumpkin Patch Match"; apple die cuts ready to be laminated.


I'm thinking...of a joke I heard that is something like "there's been an outbreak of sex with miners."


I'm hearing...Mike Huckabee on TV.


A few plans for the rest of the week...schedule an MRI, get a second opinion, eat more iron-rich foods, get Molly's stitches removed.


From the learning room...multiplication tables . We are working on 4x.


A picture thought I'm sharing (with apologies to my vegetarian readers)...the last line Joel wrote on this page about cows:





"Cows become hamburgers."





No comments: