Lots to do before the ta-da, so I'll make this quick. I like the Hodgepodge and the chance to keep a pleasant routine in the midst of everything that's so un-routine right now. Thanks, Joyce, for gracing us with this fun meme in the midst of YOUR very un-routine December!
1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
Anyone who fights any enemy that intrudes a person, place, or thing deserves hero status.
2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home? Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!
... new--my haircut that I got yesterday
...borrowed --a tube pan from my friend
---blue--a navy sweater with a bit of bling on the front
3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?
I have to be in the mood, and that mood doesn't hit more than a couple times a year. When I was working at the beach one summer during college, one of my THREE jobs (I worked 18 hours a day)
was at the Candy Kitchen on the boardwalk. The smell of all that sugar and chocolate and peanut butter and other junk really turned me off for a decade. If I eat it, I like just a one-inch square of chocolate with nuts. I've never made it and never will.
4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks?
I made my first flight when I was 26. My hubby had won an all-expenses paid trip for two to Tampa, Florida. I love to fly. Yes, we went to Kitty Hawk about 10 years ago when vacationing in Corolla Light in the Outer Banks.
5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
Teaching--me, my daughter, daughter-in-law, nephew and his wife. In two counties and across one state border, the classrooms have (or have had) five Mrs. Z's, one Mr. Z, and a Ms. Z. Two of my sisters were also teachers at one point.
Financial services/insurance--hubby and two sons
Law enforcement--two nephews and a brother-in-law .
For a while we thought our second son would be a 3rd-generation pastor. He might still become one, but for now the Lord has him doing another type of work he's passionate about. He has a blog called the Gradual Millionaire, which I'm sure he wouldn't be writing if he were a pastor. Ha.
6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
I already did it. I bought the last of the Christmas gifts on my list. ( I think.)
7. This Christmas I hope there is no drama.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm having fun being Hanukkah Zoannakkuh. My parents enjoyed finding their surprise gift bag which I dropped off at their door yesterday. I made a set of four Hanukkah placemats for their little kitchen table. I'd show pictures, but I haven't uploaded them and I'm curled up in bed for a