Monday, June 21, 2010

Good Thing I Love Him

I'll try to upload pictures from our vacation (which started yesterday). Having a good time and just stopped home for an overnight this evening and one day at home tomorrow before heading to the beach.

Yesterday, on the way up to central Pennsylvania to take my baby boy to camp, I enjoyed the conversations I could carry on with my only two travel companions--him and Paul, while I was awake. Sometimes I would get melancholy thinking of the week ahead without my youngest. But he has a way of snapping me out of it when I least expect it. Good thing I love him. Otherwise, I might have turned around and pinched him for saying this. (And, yes, it did crack me up ,and yes, I was able-- after cracking up with Paul--to tell him it's not polite to say such things, even if they're true.) Probably because we had just passed a runaway truck ramp and I had just explained about steep grades. If he'd wanted to, Joel could have remarked with one of his spot-on analogies. Sure glad he stopped while he wasn't too far behind.

It happened at a fork in the road in the old industrial town of Cumberland, Maryland.

Here's what he said.

No comments: