Monday, June 17, 2013

Pre-Wedding Testimony of Answered Prayer


Whoever said "Don't sweat the small stuff" has never planned a wedding. Sure, sure, "at the end of the day the bride and groom will be married, no matter what happens or doesn't happen," but there are probably thousands of small decisions (and a few big decisions) that have to be made in order for the "I do's" to be said in a lovely, coordinated context.

However, I suppose "sweating the small stuff" could be construed as "stressing out over details" rather than trusting God. So, in that regard, when the Apostle Paul said "Be anxious for nothing," he was saying the same thing.

One not-so-small-at-all, but rather among the top three most important decisions, has been about photography.   I just have to pass along this answer to prayer over something that really stressed out my precious future daughter (-in-law).

Beautiful trees and an old stone building were at the bride's list of must-haves.
The "first look" wedding pictures were originally supposed to be taken at a local historic mill.  and Plan A was perfect, in her eyes, and only 1/4 mile from the ceremony.  However, a week ago the photographer discovered there is a going to be a Civil War re-enactment there and if we wanted to be on the premises, we would EACH have to pay $7 admission. Plus deal with the traffic.  I also was not thrilled since the terrain is uneven and pebbly, neither of which I handle well, particularly in heels and a floor-length dress.  But I didn't say anything.  It's not about me, but I certainly didn't want to twist my ankle and fall down on wedding day.  I can think of other memories I'd rather make.

Regardless, that location had to be scratched.

Scramble, scramble, scramble for Plan B.   Pray, pray, pray. The bride called six different nearby locations with similar scenery that wouldn't involve getting shoes or clothes messy in the great outdoors.  Finally my daughter suggested a place and this is beyond an amazing "God thing."  The place has big, old stately trees and an old stone building.  And sidewalks.  I can handle sidewalks. But wait, there's more!

Ambrey called to see if it was available and could they have permission to use it.

The owner and his wife said, "Yes! We've been praying about starting a wedding business on this property. We would love for you to be our first couple and help promote our business!"   Is that a win-win or what? My son and his bride will be the premiere models in the wedding venue photographs.

I am giggling inside thinking about it.   The Lord knows better than we do.


1 comment:

Carrie B said...

And Amen to that!