Sunday, November 07, 2010

Sunday Snippets

Thought I'd start a little meme of sorts for those who like to answer questions and
who might need a blog post inspiration to put on their own site.

I'll ask and then answer the questions about myself.


1. What is one thing you really look forward to every day?
It used to be the first cup of coffee and reading my Bible. Lately I haven't been having coffee since my iron count is low.


2. What is one of your good habits? I shower every day.

3. What is one of your bad habits? I don't always put things away when I'm done with them.

4. How does your place in the birth order affect you, positively and negatively? I am the second. On the positive side, I can take directions from people who lead well (ie if I agree with them and their style!) and I tend to be adventurous. On the negative side, I have always viewed myself as "not quite good enough" at anything since my older sister is smarter, more efficient, and generally better at most things (writing, cooking, organizing, remembering birthdays, finances, etc).

5. What is something you really admire about your best friend? Her compassion.

6. Do you prefer baking or cooking? Cooking. It's more forgiving, and it's necessary. I tend to be instinctive about flavors, although I've had some real botches in the kitchen that made even McDonald's look like a five-star restaurant. I have to be in the mood to bake, but that mood only strikes about 5 times a year. To me, cooking is art, and baking is science. I've always been more drawn to art.

7. What was the most embarrassing thing you've done lately? Wow. There are so many. I ALMOST embarrassed myself on the phone when the GYN called to tell me test results. (He's not the only man besides my husand I've nearly "woopsed" with this.) When the doctor said, "Okay, call me if you have any more questions," I ALMOST said--when hanging up, "Okay, love you, too."

8. What is one thing you'd like to accomplish in the next year? I want to improve a few key relationships.

9. What is something you'll pay "good money" for? A great haircut.

10. What was something that made you laugh today? Rereading my young boy's spelling assignment aloud to my husband. I had said to Joel on Friday, "Write a sentence for each of your 10 words, and write the words three times each." He wrote, "Dad's hair is grey. Grey, grey, grey."


Let me know if you borrow these questions so I can read your answers. Should be intriguing.

No comments: