Friday, November 07, 2008

Gettin' a Reputation

A few days ago one of my students said, "Mrs. Zubrowski, this is the first year in my whole time of going to this school that we've had art homework."

I replied,"Wonderful! My philosophy is that you only get good at something by practicing. Fifty minutes a week is not enough to get good at art and you all keep getting better, so..."

----------------------

Today I asked the students to produce pen and paper for a writing assignment (as usual). One asked, "Do we have writing every day with you?"

I answered, "Yes! You certainly do. We write about Roosevelt, we write about New England, we write about jellyfish, we write about farmers and sons."

Another student said to the one who asked, "Of course! You can't get good at writing unless you do it every day."

They. Are. Catching. On!

No comments: