Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Take More Pictures of the Older People

If I've learned one painful thing by going through all these old photos, it's that I've not taken enough pictures of my dad and mom.

-many holidays but not enough everyday ones,
-plenty with background, but not enough close-ups
-too many posed shots, not enough candids

If I could encourage people to make one change to their holiday pictures, it would be to increase the number of pictures of their parents and adult siblings. They may not be as "cute" or entertaining as the teeny crawlers or jumping monkeys, but chances are your hard drives already have a 100:1 ratio of kids to adults if you're a parent.I regret that's the case here.

My resolution for the new year? "Shoot the elderly," and I mean that in the kindest way possible: with a camera.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Good word.

Amy said...

interesting advice. I will have to keep that in mind at Christmas.

Norma said...

Now that be me.