Friday, June 10, 2011

Hello, Projects; Farewell, Stephen



If I don't make the time to do my projects, they won't happen. So I have designated this coming week (today through next Friday) my Personal Project Week. In seven days, I want to accomplish the following three things:

1. Paint a Welcome sign which sits in my front garden. It's all white and features a hummingbird and flowers. She needs paint, and I have an itch to apply some.



2. Paint the pair of thrift-store lamps I've had for over a month. I was so happy to find a PAIR with nice shades which need no makeover themselves. These lamps are tall enough for good reading in the family room. (Diddn't take a photo.)

3. Deep clean my living room. Woo-hoo. Don't be jealous of the glamorous life I live. I have been procrastinating for a very long time, and I'm sure the job won't take more than two hours at most.


Perhaps if I have enough projects to keep me busy, I won't think so much of how hard it will probably be, once again, to say farewell to my second son who is going away for a summer camp job. He leaves Sunday and gets back in August. I am actually hurting more for him and his sweetheart this time around, because they have an amazing relationship. She will be going to Zambia for a month, beginning in early July, so at least they will have respective missions to focus on whilst parted one from the other. I am just not looking forward to Sunday and the pain of separation--my own or theirs. But how grateful I am that they are each investing in God's kingdom this summer in concentrated ways, not wasting their youth and vitality on idle activities.

8 comments:

Kelly C said...

I always get more done at home when hubby or child is out of the way because I don't feel like I have to keep a certain schedule. Hope you get all your projects done.

Diane said...

How awesome is it that your son and his girl decided to spend the summer serving the Lord, even though it meant being apart! So very many young people would not have been willing to be separated.

I, too, need a list or a plan to get projects done, though I'll admit to sometimes enjoying the planning process, but not following through on the actual *doing*! May you have much success this week!

Susan Kane said...

I know you are so proud of your son! You will miss him. Thankfully, he can keep in touch on the 'net. God bless him and his girlfriend.
My projects--I am too embarrassed to mention them.

Laurie said...

"If I don't make the time to do my projects, they won't happen."
That is probably the most sense I've heard today! ;)
Me too! I'm in the same boat!
Blessings as you do what needs to be done and blessings to Stephen and his honey while they are apart! God shall supply all our needs!

Joywriter said...

I have "kids" going all over the globe this summer, so I feel you there. So proud of the younger ones following the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your projects!...even the deep clean one. It will be a breath of fresh air when you're done. I don't want to think about parting with my kids yet. Waaa, I'm even going to cry on the 1st day of Kindergarten! =p

Have a lovely weekend.

Katharine said...

We've kids travelling with missions this year, and this coming summer, it's wonderful and hard all at the same time! Enjoy all your projects!
Blessings on your day!

Jennibell said...

What a good idea, to dedicate a week to projects (and keep your mind off other things). Writing them down will help stay on track, right? I love the pictures, and ache for them (and you) tonight. I've been there, that age, done that, and come out o.k. :) Hope they do too. Have a blessed week with your list.