Saturday, October 01, 2011

Good Life & More (Meal Plan)




I'm in the mood to try a few new recipes. Many of the following come from Pam Smith's The Good Life cookbook, which is one of my favorites. Fresh, wholesome ingredients for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and plenty of sauces and dressings from scratch which I love. (I don't like bottled ones as a general rule.) Full-color photos on every other page just make me drool. They also make me want to go buy an assortment of eye-popping plates, which one day I will. It'll be the great undoing of all my successful dish-purging episodes thus far. But I digress.




The meals I've chosen to make for the next couple of weeks begin tonight. I organized my pantry and took inventory of my freezer, made a list, and sent my daughter and hubby off (actually they volunteered) to go grocery shopping.

October 1-15

Saturday: Clam Chowder, Veal Cutlets, fried okra
Sunday: Steak, Twice-Baked Potatoes, roasted asparagus with parm (Wegman's menu book)
Monday: Chicken Curry over Rice, Tropical fruit-spinach salad (GL)
Tuesday: Chili & Cornbread
Wednesday: Sandy S's Tortellini with Pesto
Thursday: Morningstar Sausage and Veggie Quiche
Friday: Chicken & Pasta Salad with Greek Vinaigrette (GL)
Saturday: Tacos
Sunday: Out / leftovers
Monday: Seared Pork Tenderloin & Tricolor Coleslaw (GL), risotto, green beans almondine
Tuesday: Crab Mac 'n Cheese, steamed broccoli
Weds: Turkey Carbonara and Bow-tie Pasta, baby green salad
Thurs: Reuben sandwiches
Friday: pizza
Saturday: tilapia with sauteed veggies, baked potatoes

3 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Wow! I'm impressed that anyone can plan that far ahead with their meals. Two to three days is about as far as I ever get.

I'm looking forward to soups, stews and chili in the coming cooler months. We love it and best of all, it's easy. :o)

Happy weekend to you!

Susan Kane said...

That is amazing! Only someone who is really focused and determined could do this. God bless.

Laurie said...

Having two willing shoppers is a good thing! I'm loving the menu! Yum!