Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Bad, bad typo

No lie. I went online this morning to find the exact documents my daughter will need in order to get her driver's license. Her test is today at 11. (You can pray; she is nervous, especially about the parallel parking.)

I can't help but find typos. I see them in stores, in church, on packaging, in my blogs and everyone else's. I see typos like a neat freak sees something out of place, or an accountant who spots numerical errors on a ledger.

Some typos are hilarious, particularly ones on official sites. Here is what I read on the MVA Maryland website:

""Maryland's Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) does a pretty good job decimating information, but DMV.ORG goes a step further."


Boy, if they can decimate information, I hate to know what going "a step further" would mean.

They can't even disseminate the right word. That's the government for ya. Trying to impress us with egg on their phace.

3 comments:

FishMama said...

You crack me up! I am the same way. Typos just jump out at me.

How about this - the other day Chuck Colson said, "If you have a heart for hurting children, call us." DH told me about that one. Could have been better worded so that people who like to hurt kids wouldn't be calling them.

Anonymous said...

I may never send you another thing. My e-mail and blog is full of typos or stupidos! LOL

Anonymous said...

My favorite from work:

My coworker was doing paperwork to finish up working with a resident, and looked back to see what she had written on her initial evaluation. She found this sentence:

"She enjoys swimming but dislikes public schools."

She accuses me of having been talking about Matt at the time - it's the only reason she can think of that she would have written "schools" not "pools"!

I must say, though, I am very much like you in that regard. Those things just attract my attention.

Now, does anyone know why Blogger won't let me post a normal comment today? (I had to go in under "other" to make this one)