Sunday, December 03, 2006

Most Gorgeous Restaurant You've Ever Seen

These are just a few of the 37 tables that women of Chesapeake decorated for the Ladies' Christmas Breakfast. No two were alike, and all were a picture of love. Elegant, classy, creative, colorful, inviting. It's a good thing seats were assigned. Could you imagine if you had to pick your table once you got there? I won't pick favorites, but I can say that I think the two most creative tablescapes were done by Nicole Seitler and Emily Clancy. Nicole's table featured a paper village surrounding tall candles. Each cluster of "townhomes" is a 3-panel Christmas card, complete with curtains in the windows and doorknobs made from brads. Nicole made 7 sets like this using various scrapbook papers and ribbons, rubber stamps and lots of imagination and gave each away as a giftie to her guests.



Emily's tablescape was a sandy beach theme. Seashells and starfish, little message bottles, and a classic sea green table cloth and pretty dishes made her design a Christmas original. Good taste runs in the family. Her mom, Debbie Reyes, set an exquisite table of pinks, golds, and burgundy beauties. Karen Hevesy and Marybeth Hooever decorated a show-stopping table with purples and silvers. Diane Smith and her daughter Kristy and friend Robin did a fun-in-the-winter theme,complete with round mirror as an ice skating rink and ceramic bears skating arm-in-arm (next photo). Daryl decorated one in classic golds. I'm speechless that she would take on the decorating of a table along with the thousand other details she spends months planning.

There were plenty more tables I took pictures of, but not all 37 had been set when I was at church setting mine. I wish I had taken a table tour, but I was busy delivering wreaths. I hope other people got pictures for me!



This year we had 296 women, and about 2/3 were guests. It's one of my three favorite days of the year, I must say. I can't say enough good about it. If I start naming names of everyone who had a large part to play, I'd certainly forget someone. Everything was so well done.

My favorite parts of the day?
1) Seeing Diane there. She has been walking through the valley of the shadow of cancer since the spring and this was her first time back to church in about six months.
2) Having my next door neighbor there. She was so thrilled that I had invited her again this year. She wants to bring co-workers next year.
3) My friend Kathy came along, too. We've been friends for nearly 22 years. She was in my wedding.
4) Laurie's encouraging speech about Emmanuel, "God with us." It came on the heels of a sad, anxiety-filled evening that caused me to ask for your prayers.
5) Hearing nearly 300 women sing "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!" in harmony. Doesn't get much better than that.
6) Giving Scott's memorial wreath to Donna. She had a good cry. I guess she liked it, she went around showing lots of people.























2 comments:

Bethany said...

How fun! These look so festive. Okay now I really need to go get the pumpkins out of my house. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the ladies' Christmas breakfast. I always look forward to the possibility of sitting with someone from church I don't know well and bringing a friend. This year my best friend Robin came!w