Thursday, December 06, 2007

Health Progress Report Week 5

Total weight loss to date: 8 pounds

Diet wasn't great. While I'm not thrilled (wanted to lose 10 in November) I am fine with the slow but steady decline. Unfortunately my whole body, not just my weight, is in slow decline. My feet have hurt so much this week, I've not been able to sustain walking. What little I've been able to stand on my feet has been to do dishes and household chores, but even then my kids have been doing stairs with the laundry. (Mostly Stephen, I must credit. He has been a real servant, doing far more than he's been asked. So much initiative in that young man!)

To give myself added incentive, I took Tori's advice and put money where my mouth is.
I sent my friend Barb $16, one dollar for each pound I want to lose by Jan 1st. She also is trying to lose weight. (She had lost lost 11 at last check-in.) I told her if I lose the 16 by Jan 1st and keep it off, she has to return the cash. If she loses 16 but I don't, she gets to keep it. If we both lose it by Jan 1, she'll send me back half. "Better be looking over your shoulder," I warned her, "cuz once I've got my feet under me, I'm gonna catch up fast!" I really want to get the money back because:
a) it'll mean I've met my goal and
b) it's pedicure cash! I love having pedicures, but they're a treat not in the monthly budget.
So here's to more steady decline of the weight, but prayers for the rapid Return of Good Feet.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

YEAH Zo!!! I have lost three since Thanksgiving. (then gained two, lost one, gained one, lost two...) Oh it is crazy... I am up to 37 pounds lost total and it is hard work. I actually do better to weigh myself everyday although many people discourage that. I don't like a surprise at the end of the week. If I gained a pound, I want to deal with it that next day, not a week later when it says I gained 5 pounds. After weighing myself everyday for so long now I also have learned my patter of weight loss. Many times I will gain a pound or two right before I have a big weight loss. So if I know I am doing well and I gain a pound, I actually get excited because I know a big weight loss is coming. It helps keep me on track.

Hang in there girlfriend... you are doing GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I had no idea you were blogging again! I took you off of my blogroll and everything when you said goodbye to blogland and you were even gone for 5 days before I made sure! So, you're back? What changed, what made you come back? Glad to see you, nonetheless!!!!!