Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I'm Moving

No, not my family.
And not my blog.

I simply mean I'm moving.
I'm moving my body.
Conscious choice to move it, move it 4 days a week for starters.
I did not lose 60 pounds by graduation.
I did not even lose six, unless losing three, twice, counts.

This body is no testimony to good stewardship. It doesn't resemble a temple at all.
I have sinned time and again by abusing it with food and sedentary ways. By making food my drug of choice, my socially acceptable drug of choice. So I've repented and asked God (again) for wisdom and grace.

The wisdom? Don't set weight goals this time. Just get moving. Move 4 days a week. I will be doing the fitness on Tuesdays and Thursdays at church starting June 17th. (I signed up only after checking the roster to make sure the other gals weren't all in their 20s with just a little 3 pound baby pouch to grunt off.) Also go 21 days w/o sugar, soda, or fast food. That right there should cut off several pounds.

The grace? Prayer. Encouragement from others. Feeling better. Moving.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the queen of exercise videos, if you ever want to borrow some or get some titles (you can rent them from the library) let me know. Since you're already doing fitness Tue and Thurs you probably don't want to add something like videos to your to-do list, but maybe when the classes end, to keep going on Tuesday and Thursdays you could do a video.

I'll keep you in my prayers! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Very proud of you! I need to get my ahem bum moving as well. You are inspiring me girl!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs ZO,
You can do it! It's a great example that you aren't giving up, you're trying again and not letting failure get you down! I think feeling better will help you a lot. I know when I work out and stuff, I feel better-though i'm not trying to loose weight. But my dad was loosing weight and said that a lot of his motivation has come from just feeling so much better! I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
I will take you up on your offer when the classes end. I need low-impact becauase I have terrible feet and knees (am seeing the podiatrist next week).

Karen, thank you!

Maggie, you're so sweet. Yes, feeling better is its own reward. I just don't have a track record of longterm motivation, so thanks for the encouragement and prayer!NOthing's impossible with God, but some things are REALLY hard!

Anonymous said...

Okay, just let me know when they end. Most of mine show low and high impact variations you can do.

krista said...

Little changes day by day.
Way to go Zo! :-)