Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook, 10.10.10

Inspired by another's blog

Outside my window...sunshine, blue skies, flowering plum tree, tall pines, birds chirping.

I'm thinking... of how pain can really level a person. I am having trouble moving. Too much back pain to sit for more than 10 minutes or stand or walk. I missed church. Paul had to manage with a spare helper. Also thinking of Amy and her upcoming delivery; my parents who just celebrated 49 years of marriage on Friday; what a cool date today is, 10.10.10.

I am thankful for mobility, which I've taken for granted until the past couple of days.

From the kitchen came a Qdoba burrito which the family was nice to bring me. Goes well with 800 mg ibuprofen.

I'm wearing a sleeveless blue top with roses and brocade that belonged to my Granny, and a pair of brown sweat shorts that ruin the beauty of it. But it's comfortable.

I am creating... a large impression of my body on this bed by staying here to recover with a heating pad.

I am reading... Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream.

I am hoping...to get a chiropractic appt tomorrow and be well enough by Tuesday to take a meal to a new mom in our church.

I am hearing... the fish tank motor humming, and occasional outbursts from the basement where my guys are glued to a Ravens/Broncos game.

Around the house... I am slowly decorating for fall. I will not be ready for the Autumn Tour of Homes tomorrow. Just can't do it.

One of my favorite things... is a Sunday afternoon nap.

A few plans for the rest of week... if I can sit,walk,stand, that is:
1) buy mums
2) make pillows for the family room
3) teach a second lesson on Van Gogh and have the students do a picture of their bedroom, using oil pastels.

A picture thought I am sharing...These Scrabble tiles were the ones I happened to pick when playing a game with Barb out in Kansas.
My parents met at KU, and I'm sure they're waxing nostalgic since they are in KS at the moment. Whenever I am feeling the need for a nurse, as I am today, I say to myself (and sometimes aloud as I moan in pain), "I want my mommy." She was going to KU as a nursing student when she met and married Daddy. They moved to MD on their honeymoon, arriving on 10.10.61.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oooh! Oooow! Please rest to get better. Interresting love mates meeting facts! Blessings as you heal.

Amy said...

aww, thanks for thinking of me! and yum, Qdoba! :) hope your back is feeling better.