Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trunk or Treat

I charged my camera battery.
I had great intentions.
I took a nap but overslept today.
I ran out the door without the camera.
I got no pictures of my own.
I borrowed this post from Briana, my friend and care group leader's wife.
I will post pictures of Joel tomorrow because I'm too tired to upload them right now. (They are two flights upstairs and I.am.totally.whooped. In a good way.)

For those who aren't yet sure what Trunk or Treat is or looks like, Bri's post and slideshow offer a good description. Our care group did the Lego theme. (Only one person from our group found a way to dress like a Lego. It's pretty hard to sit down when you're wearing a box or posterboard. But thanks to Kristin, we had one walking Lego among us! The rest of us kinda/sorta wore Lego colors.)

In Briana's slideshow, there's a picture of me sitting in the trunk holding Bri's beautiful daughter, who was scared of the clown at a trunk near ours. I can't blame her. I'm creeped out by clowns, too. I tried to convince her that it was just a mom who put on too much make-up, but it proved little consolation.

We had over 900 guests from the community, and the weather was perfect--no rain, not freezing, but with that autumn "nip in the air. " Our youth band sang, we had door prizes, moon bounce, cotton candy, popcorn, caramel apples, and bucketloads of candy to give away!
Trunk or Treat has certainly become my ideal alternative to door-to-door trick-or-treating. I pray that the guests felt the love of God on a night that has traditionally felt like it belonged to Satan.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Fun idea! I'd never heard of "Trunk or Treat"! I didn't understand at first, so when you said there was a photo of you in a trunk, I thought you meant like a "foot locker" or a hope chest type trunk! Now I see!