Wednesday, August 17, 2011

12- Day Meal Plan

If you're looking for my Hodgepodge answers, scroll down. Today is a two-post day!

-------------

This meal-plan post is a frame of reference for me and I thought others might like to glean
ideas from it if you're stuck in a culinary rut like I was until today.

We are now well stocked with a variety of foods, thanks to some great specials I found and my daughter who did a bang-up job organizing and inventorying the stuff we already had
on hand and the things we shopped for together. She's a gem. My diamond girl--really,
her April birthstone is diamond. If that's not precious, I don't know what it is.

Anyway, back to the meal plan:

Weds: chicken fajitas & fresh fruit salad
Thursday: Combat Training Wraps *
Friday: Spaghetti w/ meat sauce, garlic bread, green beans
Saturday: California Pizza
Sunday: Burgers on the grill - refill propane tank
Monday: crab cakes, baked potatoes, broc/cauli medley
Tuesday: Don't Invite the Rabbi, Just the Pasta*
Weds: venison chili & cheese wraps
Thurs: Scavenger Special (leftovers)
Friday: Brazilian steak salad (need fresh asparagus, baby greens), mashed potatoes
Saturday: shrimp linguine, roasted brussels sprouts, bread
Sunday: Chinese out

*Recipe here in one of my old blog posts.



While I have your attention, I am seeking recipes that are family hits with you. We are trying to slim down and prefer fresh meats and produce or frozen veggies (not canned). Got suggestions? My family members (5 adults and a kid whose favorite food is sushi) will eat (or try) almost anything. I am especially keen on trying veggies fixed as yummy side dishes. I tend to get stuck with the same old, same old, veg-wise. Again, looking for recipes you've made, not links to things that look good but haven't passed your own taste test! Thank you in advance.





3 comments:

Kelly C said...

Summer has messed up my meal planning. School starts Monday so I better get back on track.
Here is one I just recently tried and loved. We try to eat a lot of veggies so I'll send a few more.

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/sidedishes/rosemary-cayenne-sweet-potato-fries/

Kelly C said...

This soup uses fresh summer veggies and is a favorite of mine. Hubby will only eat it the first time served. I eat the leftovers for lunch the rest of the week and freeze some in lunch size portions for later:
http://www.dinnertool.com/recipe/view/63/Corn,-Tomato,-and-Zucchini-Soup-with-Basil

Kelly C said...

Sorry I don't know how to make these links, but I guess you can copy and paste them:
We just tried this a few weeks ago and hubby like this better than bean burgers. I like the bean burgers better because I'm not a big mushroom fan, but it was still good with all the stuff on it.

http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/grilled-mushroom-burger-with-white-bean-spread