Friday, August 19, 2011

Family Photo Shoot at the Beach


It was just the five of us for this photo shoot. I really wish the whole gang could've been there. But alas, I am thankful we had a vacation and were able to take most of our kids and a special someone. I feel truly blessed to
be able to get away to the beach almost
every year. Living this close to the ocean is nothing short of glorious; after a week of sand, surf, and sun,
my soul, mind, and body let out a long, satisfied, "aah." I'm refreshed and exhilarated all at once by the beauty of the sea which God holds in the palm of His hand!

On the last evening, we hit the beach for perfunctory family photos. In my fantasy, we'd all be dressed in white tops and khaki shorts, or some variation on a noticeable theme. But once again, this is my family we're talking about, and they think coordinated dressing is hokey. We compromised. I asked if the guys could wear white or grey, and the gals a pop of color with khaki skirt or shorts.

No amount of hairspray could compete with the juggernaut called Wind. But I was determined to get pictures "come hail or high water," as my Baptist preacher daddy says.









And voila! Outtakes and goodies alike. Mostly outtakes, because we all know "there's one in every crowd...."

This one was insisting that he doesn't know how to smile for pictures. Uh-huh. Right. I spy with my little eye the one in this batch. Can you? And can you surmise what the middle-age-looking parents are saying to him?












































Pictures courtesy of Ambrey Z (a different Z last name).
(Seen here, courtesy of yours truly.)



2 comments:

Danielle said...

Very fun pics, Zoanna! Hope you guys had a relaxing time!

Laurie said...

The sea magnifies or reflects the beauty, power and fullness of God! What a treat to go to the beach!!
I surmise the parents are saying to PureBoy .Joel... "Settle it down, stand still and smile... or
we'll give you something to NOT smile about!!!?"
I do love his boyish excitement! And alas! You got some great photos and blessed memories!!