Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Hodgepodge and New Niece Photo
Thanks again to Joyce, From This Side of the Pond, for hosting this fun meme week after week.
1. What's your worst food memory? How about one of your best?
Worst: when I was pregnant with my first baby, my sister-in-law served an enormous pile (yes, pile) of steamed shrimp. I'm talking Load Up the Old Bay, Baby! I ate and ate and ate and ate. Then went home and threw up and up and up and up.
Best food memory? So many to choose from, but I think our last anniversary dinner had more "mm's" and "aahs" and "oh, wows!" than most honeymoons.
2. Do you appreciate people telling it like it is, or would you rather a speaker temper his/her words and maybe beat around the bush a little? How about when you're the one communicating...which type are you?
Depends if I'm already sensitive about whatever it is. I think I like a little bit of tempering the words, but not beating around the bush. I do like people to make their point fairly quickly but not harshly. I think with family I tend to be more "tell it like it is" especially with a preponderance of males in the house; they are not very easily offended by truth . With outsiders or with those who intimidate me, I tread lightly. Unless I'm in a mood, that is. I can be downright snarky sometimes--something I'm not proud of.
3. What's your favorite place to hang out?
Home. Specifically in my guest/sewing room.
4. When do you most feel like you're a slave to time?
On a school morning--which will start on September 3rd. Yuck. I do not like the morning push to get up and out the door. Dealing with breakfast, packing lunches, checking for permission slips signed, money due, backpack packed, musical instrument on music day, uniform for school and any after-school practice clothes...it all stresses me out, even though my boy is really organized and responsible for his age.
5. What was the last concert you attended? Who'd you go with? Was it any good?
JJ Heller. Went with hubby, daughter, son, BIL and SIL. The first half was good. But honestly, I am finished by intermission with most concerts. All the songs sound the same after about the 6th one.
6. Reality TV...harmful or harmless? What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to reality TV?
Most of the shows, I'd say, have a mix or harmful and harmless. I love Duck Dynasty--but I don't see anything harmful in it.
7. What's something you think is overrated?
Chick Fil-A sandwiches. They're good, but feel like an ostrich egg on my stomach.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Did you see my brand new niece? Check out my previous post for more baby loveness. I'm beyond smitten . Here she is her mommy's arms. My sister said, "She is far too precious to be mine. This is more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be."
Penned by Zoanna