I have not disappeared, but every time I've opened this blank page to post something, I have thought, "Nah, that's not worth it." Seems my thoughts have been either too trivial or too emotional to post, but then again, when has that ever stopped me for long?
So I'm jumping in, and you're joining me, right? Meandering through my mind to discover tidbits that may or may not be profound.
1. A message on Sunday has really got me thinking about the glory of God. The pastor said he has tried and tried to define God's glory, but always comes up short. Best he can do--and I like this--is this definition: the outshining of all His attributes.
2. My friend Bonnie, who moved to Zambia three years ago, just adopted a little boy yesterday. She has always wanted to be a mama. She's been a mama to a couple hundred kids as a missionary schoolteacher, but now a little guy named Blessing is hers to keep .
3. I had a wonderful birthday. Truly one of the best in recent memory. It deserves its own post.
4. My best gift is a generous one from hubby, which I'll be ordering as soon as I hit the "publish" button. I am getting a Janome DC 1050 as my first-ever computerized machine. Can't wait to make gifties on it.
5. Meanwhile I am still working on the baby quilt for my niece.
6. I get to see her again today! Woot! And my boy gets to meet his cousin for the first time.
7. Boy needs a haircut first. He will balk every minute up to, and including, his time in the salon chair. And then on the way out he will tell me it's too short and why do I waste money on dead cells?
8. School starts next Tuesday. No, I am not ready. I won't have a teaching position, but still, I am not ready for the Kentucky derby that mornings bring from September till June.
9. Speaking of derbies, my boy gets to end his summer by going to a demolition derby with two friends and one of their dads on Saturday night. Is that not the coolest dude thing they could do?
10. Hubby and I are going on date while the boy is gone for those 6 hours. I have already informed him it's going to happen and it's going to be good. (Now I just have to put my thinking cap on and do some planning. Got ideas?) We have from about 6 till midnight.
11. How often is too often to post a profile picture of oneself on Facebook? Does anyone else feel extremely vain taking and posting them? I mean, how many pictures does one need of herself ? It's not like our look go a changin' every week like a newborn's.
12. It's high time I grocery shopped. When fish is all that's left to fix, and there's no milk for the one bowl of cereal available, that's my cue. If I were wealthy, I'd hire a personal grocery shopper. I really do not enjoy it. I have to do mental battle, by listing my thankfulness, to get motivated that direction.
13. For those of you doing the 101 in 1001 list, how's it going? I can cross off a few more on mine since this summer has been rather full.