Friday, September 20, 2013

"52 Things" Birthday Card(s)


A close friend of mine had a birthday back in July. She was almost a Yankee Doodle Dandy. 

You might deduce from
the photo below how many fingers she would have to hold up
if asked how old she is. 


My daughter-in-law actually found this idea on Pinterest
and made a "52 things" for her beloved--my son--
                                                                    as a Christmas gift.




I adapted it to suit (pun intended) my friend.

Materials:

1 deck of playing cards, hole punched
2 binder/ book rings
Scrapbook paper cut to fit as a cover for the front
Letter stickers for the title on the front










 If I had thought to make this gift ahead of her birthday I would have typed out the messages,
but it only occurred to me that day, and I was busy making a pillow for her as her "big" gift.

The deck of cards came from Dollar Tree. When I told the cashier what I was making, she said, "It must be hard to come up with 52 nice things to say about someone."

I replied, "Not when you love them."




3 comments:

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

Love this idea! A similar thing on Pinterest is binding all your greeting cards you've received in the same way. Thank yous, bdays, mother's day, etc. I've sorted mine and done that - keep them all in a nice basket. I flip through them now and then. The deck of cards is so great!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, that is just too cute! I'll have to store that in my "memory bank" for future use. Happy week!

Susan Kane said...

What a totally awesome idea! Thanks!