Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Honey, I Shrunk the Hodgepodge



Jumping in late this evening after a full day doing things I made myself do.  I'll shrink my typical size HP answers.
(Don't thank me, just send money.)


1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?

Breasts.  Seriously, that was my first reaction to the question.  Newborns--the youngest people I can think of--come into the world ready to enjoy breasts.  Little kids are curious about them. Adolescents are obsessed with them. Women appreciate having them. Don't even ask me how old men are when they're too old to enjoy breasts.  
2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.

Most of my happiest high school memories happened in our church youth group, not at school.  We went to Pizza Hut as often as possible on Sunday nights after the service, or to Friendly's for ice cream.  

3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U. S. last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize? Your thoughts?

Let them call for higher wages, but let them also understand that companies will have to raise prices or cut some of the employees.  Fast food jobs are supposed to be steppingstones to better paying jobs or careers.  Americans can  get more nutritious, better-tasting food for almost the same price as fast-food meals not (excluding the crap on dollar menus) at sit-down places.  
4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?



Charoseth. At Passover it's eaten during the seder. It's  pronounced "ha-RO-seth" (no "ch" sound--and the first syllable is guttural).  Chopped walnuts, chopped apples, and honey  are mixed together and represent the "mortar" used  with bricks and stones by Hebrew slaves working for Pharaoh.  Charoseth on matzah is yummiful.

5.  If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth do you say something or do you keep quiet? 


Tag sticking out? I say or do nothing to a stranger. Someone I know? I tuck it in for them.  Button unbuttoned? Depends how "strategically located" it is.  If it would save them embarrassment in front of more people, I might mention it to a woman.  Shirt inside out? Nothing unless I'm related to that person. Leftover lunch in their teeth? Well, I would ask them if they're saving it for an afternoon snack.  If it's my best friend with broccoli in her teeth, I'd say, "Girl, you've got a daggone TREE in your TEETH! What ARE you, a  dam beaver?"  

6. What movie always makes you cry?  Or at least makes you feel like crying?

A Beautiful Life.   
7.   'Mary Had a Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year.  Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.

My daughter burned her hand real bad, 
hand real bad, hand real bad, 
Hot glue from gun dripped on her palm,
Now she's at Patient First.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I don't think my answers shrunk the Hodgepodge much, nor do I think "shrunk" is grammatically correct, but at least it matches the poor grammar in my silly little song. 




3 comments:

Unknown said...

So there I was this morning, calmly eating my bowl of frosted mini-wheats (because, YUM!) and I calmly click on your blog (after saying "Oh Yea!" when I saw your name on the Hodgepodge) - and as my eyes scroll down... wondering what tidbits of friendship and wisdom you will empart... I read "BREASTS!" and proceed to bust (no pun intended... well, kinda) out in a huge burst of laughter, thus choking me and spewing frosted mini-wheats all over my laptop! Oh my friend - my cup overflows! (again, no pun intended... well, kinda) And... for the record... you are probably totally correct!

Zoanna said...

Hahahahahaaaa!!! Wish i could have seen that. Sorry abut the laptop. Hope it's okay:)

Joyce said...

Okay, you win the prize for most original answer to #1 : )

Hope your daughter is not badly injured.