This doll quilt, the third of seven I finished in 2014, was the smallest and easiest, mainly because it had been almost completed by Barbara before her death.
All I did was add a scrappy border and I made a pillow to go with it.
- What did I name the quilt? Happy Critters
- Why? Just look at those little animals. They're all happy.
- Who will receive this quilt? Some little girl in a foreign country.
- What inspired the fabric choices? I just wanted to coordinate my border colors with her whole-cloth quilt fabric.
- Which fabrics were Barbara's? The red front piece and purple backing.
- What is the name of pattern? It's not a pattern.
- What did I learn from making it? Two things: (1) Not piecing the top or back sure saves a lot of time! (2) Making a pieced border isn't as easy as I'd thought. I concentrated on keeping the colors balanced which required measuring and playing with pieces ad nauseum because that's me--someone who can complicate an otherwise simple thing.
- When did I start the quilt and when did I finish it? May 2014.