Saturday, May 09, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook, 5.09.15


Tomorrow will be a cool date,won't it?  5-10-15?

I'm linking up with the Simple Woman. I was awake before six this morning, the house is quiet, I have a smattering of scattered thoughts in my head, so the Daybook meme beckons me .

FOR TODAY,  

Outside my window... fresh cut grass, thick green trees, overcast skies and light rain, some birds singing, and a rusted patio set that's headed for the dump. 

I am thinking...

of how happy we'll be to get a call from the realtor that says ," They accepted your offer! You got the house!" or my extreme disappointment if she says, "I'm really sorry. Another offer came in that was better than yours."   When we put our offer in, it was low because the listing agent had told our agent there'd been no other interest in the house. (A week ago.)  But after submitting our lowball offer, we heard back that there are multiple offers, so put in your "best offer." 

I am thankful...

for my wise, smart, cautious husband. I have such trust in him regarding big financial decisions, and that he listens to God for direction and wisdom.

In the kitchen...

ugly cabinets that will be replaced this summer. New ones are being delivered Wednesday, but we will probably wait till school's out to start demo.  I am so NOT looking forward to the mess and chaos that I know from experience comes with a kitchen remodel, but I AM looking forward to the results.  

I am wearing...

A black bathing suit cover-up that doubles as a nightie. 


 I am creating...

very little, unless you count creating space by dejunking.  I have not sewn in weeks, haven't painted in a year, haven't made a fancy recipe for a while, haven't written any prose or poetry that I'd call "creative." 


I am going...

to a "pre-interview" for an art teaching position next week. 

I am wondering...

Will we get the house?  (Yes. it's consuming my mind.  If so, it will be our first rental property and a place for our first (and beloved) tenants (son and DIL) to call home.  They love the house and are praying we get it it . 

I am reading... 

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet ( because I love stories set in WWII).
I am hoping...

my parents make the right decision regarding moving vs. staying put. My mom has a hernia and may need surgery. Can you imagine being in your 70s, packing a house up with your 80 year old husband and moving to an apartment while your house sells (because they need it painted throughout and they can't stand the drop-of-a-hat notice of showings). 


I am looking forward to...

the next time I get to keep my little niece for the day. I got to have her earlier this week and loved every minute of it.  She LOVES dogs and we have a big golden retriever whose crate was empty while I had him outside during her stay (he's rambunctious). While I was fixing her lunch, she crawled into the dog's crate, pulled the door shut and said, "Woof! Woof!" Gosh, it was so cute. I wish I'd had my camera. 

I am learning...

a lot about how bank-owned property sales work (vs. the standard sale we've always dealt with as buyers and sellers).   In a word, REO deals move slllloooowwly. Agents aren't typically as responsive. "As is" is the key word.  Dealing with a bank is all business on their part, no emotion. So no risk of offending a seller. 


Around the house...

is evidence that I've had a stomach bug and unable to put things in order like I enjoy doing on Friday morning. 

 I am pondering...

how my sisters are faring in their trek from Arizona to Kentucky with 3 horses, 1 donkey, 2 dogs and 3 cats in tow.  My younger sister had to retrieve them and her belongings as part of her divorce this week. My older sister is helping her drive the U-Haul which has a horse trailer in tow--altogether as long as an 18-wheeler.  

 A favorite quote for today...

"Need more cowbell!" 

 One of my favorite things...

Watching a teenage son cut the grass. 
A few plans for the rest of the week:

Whew!  After today's carpet cleaning/dump run, a low-key Mother's Day  tomorrow (since, as a mother-in-law, I have to share my sons); Monday--volunteer to prep artwork for the school art show;  Tuesday--Bible study; Wednesday--receive cabinet delivery;  Thursday--job interview; Friday-- tutor and then attend art and music show; shore up vacation plans to Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee!

 A peek into my day...




1 comment:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, do keep us posted on the house and so hoping that you all get it. And, nothing like good, responsible tenants. Way to go!

Oh, your poor parents, but I do understand them not wanting to live through the painting.

Wishing you a happy day tomorrow!