Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Quilting while Waiting

I took two little doll quilts to the hospital waiting room to keep my hands busy without being on an electronic device .

A little project to pull out or put away as the mood (or opportunity) strikes.

It's a good thing to have a hobby that requires no electricity or battery,  is productive, quiet, and portable.  I highly recommend hand sewing. (I've tried knitting and crocheting, and hated my results.)

Quilting time is praying time when you're a praying person. Which I am.

Waiting for a cardiac surgeon to come out and tell you how things went with your husband is a long wait.  Prayer is essential. Quilting is optional. But when you can do two things at once, it's great.

Unfortunately, I hated the binding job I did on those two quilts, so I won't show them till I've redone them.






2 comments:

Sadira Stone said...

It's admirable that you do something other than play Candy Crush while waiting. My prayers for your husband's recovery.
@RhondaGilmour from
Late Blooming Rose

Alexandra said...

I too enjoy sewing by hand but doubt I would have the wherewithal to do so under similar circumstances. Wishing you and yours healing, strength, and wellness in the days and weeks to come.