Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lemon Sherbet Shower Punch

I got the official recipe, "Wedding Punch," from food.com,but altered it because I accidentally left home without it and because we tend to stay away from Tom Collins mix at church:).

This one was a big hit. It turns out a cheerful yellow froth on top of a tawny orange color. (I made it for Kate Minton's baby shower today.) Here is my altered version, including the name brands. I am convinced that not all ginger ales are created equal, which may be the key in this punch. I am recording the brands as my go-to source for next time. (Found these brands at Shop Rite.) This shower punch also smells wonderful. Orange garnishes aren't necessary, but sure pretty.

This will almost fill a punch bowl. Put in the bowl in the following order

1 can frozen Minute Maid limeade concentrate
1 liter Canada Dry ginger ale
32 oz. Florida's Natural orange juice
1 qt. Lehigh Valley Farm lemon sherbet

slices of fresh tangelos or oranges to float on top (Squeeze out the "end pieces" for an ultra-fresh taste!)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

So glad your punch looked pretty Zoanna! The last time I made punch for a party it turned brown. I felt so funny asking people, "Would you like brown punch?"

Zoanna said...

Funny, Rachel, I was holding my breath this time because that has happened at home and my family says, "tastes fine, but you're not serving this to company, are you?" So I purposely stuck with complementary ,not opposite colors.

Zoanna said...

Meant to say "analagous colors" because complementary colors ARE opposite on the color wheel (red and green, for example) and will make brown when mixed. Stick with colors that are side-by side in the rainbow!