Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting Excited

My trip to Kansas is just a week away. Oh, I can hardly wait! I love to fly, love to meet new people, love the big sky in the Midwest, love the memories I've held for 38 years from childhood in Kansas.

I can't wait to lounge around at Wilson Lake with Barb, to reminisce with Brenda, to play a game and see Lindsborg with Laurie, to catch up with my favorite teacher who is now in her 80s, to spend the night at a B&B, and mostly just to be refreshed and rejuvenated in the company of my precious friend and her family.

My generous husband will be taking a week off to be with Joel so that I can enjoy this getaway to celebrate with Barb.

Did I say I'm excited?

9 comments:

Laurie said...

I am also excited! It IS exciting!

Anna said...

I love your enthusiasm for traveling! I came here through Dancing by the Light.

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip. That's great that you have kept in touch with your teacher! Read your previous post. Hope your son's arm will heal up soon.

One More Equals Four said...

Have fun on your trip, sounds like it will be lots of fun! Hope your son's arm heals soon and he works out the trouble with his teammate.

Diane said...

Traveling is always fun! I hope you have easy flights, great conversations and make many memories.

Rachel Anne said...

Ahem. Any other exciting thing you want to mention???? Hint: Layover at DFW.........

Didn't want you to forget!

Rachel - can't wait to meet you!

zz said...

Ahem. I was just checking to see if YOU would catch the omission so that I could tell it's on YOUR mind! LOL. No, I realized a couple days later I hadn't mentioned it in this post (just a previous one and to several friends in casual conversation). See you in just over a week!

bashtree said...

Oh your trip sounds wonderful! I read a post below too and noticed your mention of Patient First...I just wanted to give a shout-out - I spent almost 3 years in the land of Patient First and that was a nice flash from the (recent) past :) I hope you have fun in Kansas!

zz said...

Ashley, I do hope that means you worked at Patient First, not needed 3 years of their service:) I mean, some of our reckless family members are on first-name basis there, but ....

Thanks for the well-wishes.