Monday, August 30, 2010

Amish Proverbs

My friend Bonnie always gives me a thoughtful little gift for my birthday, along with a sweet card. I've been reading through the book she gave me, and thought I'd post some of my favorites thus far. These are from the first two chapters, "Time" and "Money."


You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

--------------------

One thing you can learn by watching the clock is that it passss time by keeping its hands busy.

-------------------

Patience is a virtue that carries a lot of wait.

----------------------------


Money talks, but it doesn't say when it's coming back.

--------------------

Fortune knocks once, but misfortune has more patience.









Speaking of time and money, it's time for me to bid adieu to the blog for a week. Lord willing I will catch my flight to Kansas tomorrow, and catch it coming back a week later, with layovers in Dallas in which I get to meet Rachel Ridge , a blogging friend. (There, Rachel, satisfied? I mentioned you by name in my post!!!! BBQ at DFW for ZMZ and RAR!)



I only live once, and "working it right" means making special memories.

The clock's hands are busy, and mine need to get that way. Typing on the computer doesn't really count right now.

I've been patient from the time Paul said, "Sure, you can go..." till now. Boarding jets is one of my favorite wait-loss methods!


If I return (and Lord willing, I shall), I'll bring you some photos and stories. If I don't, I hope to meet you "on the Other Side." In the meantime, I'm thanking God for His kindness to me in the form of a husband willing and able to afford me this time away for a "friends retreat" that I've dearly longed for. Thank you, Paul !!!!

1 comment:

Rachel Anne said...

I do feel better now - thank you for the kind mention :)

I know you will have a wonderful time with your friend, and I'm excited that I'll get a chance to meet you enroute. Safe travels!!

See you with the BBQ.