Monday, August 30, 2010

Bloggin' my Birthday

Add Image

























A few days ago I turned a year older. Here are some pictures from the day. Wish I could've captured everything on camera because they were lovely memories.

1. Sarah made me breakfast (added scrambled eggs and bacon after this shot). An extra thoughtful gesture it was since she had to be out the door for her first day of Student Teaching in the adjoining county. Bouquet of purple daisies, a basket of my favorite treats, and a tear-jerkingly sweet card.

2. I got to enjoy my rule of "no work, no school on your birthday." My son Steve blessed me by doing housework while I took advantage of the deck swing and a beautiful sunshiny day and read a book outside. (Yes, it's for school, but it doesn't feel like it. I like missionary bios.) Nose shown actual size. Nothing I can do about it short of plastic surgery.

3. We went to dinner at a local Italian restaurant. As everyone was packing up their leftover, the waiter took Sarah's pizza off the table. He shuffled away and she said, "You're going to box this up, aren't you?" and he said, "No, I'll feed it to the dog out back."

Forgot to take the camera, so Ben's girlfriend snapped a picture when we got home. Paul was already in bed, which explains his absence from this photo.

4. Many, many greetings on Facebook took me by pleasant surprise and made for a lovely day from start to finish.

5. Joel made me a card with a 1965 dime taped inside. It's a nod to his current "phase" . He told me I should have been born in 1964, the year of "rare dimes" . "This one's only worth ten cents, Mom ," he said. Gee, thanks, son. I think I made the face that he is making in the picture.



6. I got funny cards and touching cards in the mail and delivered in person.

7. My friend Cheryl took me out to my favorite Mexican restaurant the next evening. Haven't laughed that hard since...well, ...the last time we got together.

8. Anticipation. My mother told me that when you start getting older, you should tell people in advance that you're visiting them. They have something to look forward to besides their next bowel movement. And they'll talk about it almost as long. Sage advice from a hilarious mom.


I love my God, my Giver of Abundant Life and 45 birthdays thus far. Love my family, my friends, my dog. Thanks, everyone, for blessing me!

8 comments:

Laurie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOANNA!!!
I missed it again before the fact, though I had good intentions!
I'M GLAD IT WAS A BLESSING!

zz said...

Thanks, Laurie. No worries. You have a lot going on in your life right now. See you in a week, yes?

Melinda said...

Sounds like a great birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great one this year!

Laurie said...

Yes! I'm so looking forward to meeting you! I left contact info. on facebook message! Call me!!!

marie said...

Zo, tell Sarah she looks FABULOUS in that picture.

zz said...

Marie,I will do that.Thanks:).

Laurie, see you tomorrow!

This has been one of my best birthdays on record. It's not so bad having birthdays, it's just not a lot of fun getting older.

Charuka | Katriona said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday and were spoilt lots!
Happy Belated Birthday from a very slow Company Girl in Italy ;)
I can't wait to see some more photos from your journey and visit with your blog friends, must be so cool to meet them in person!
Have a blessed day