Saturday, March 31, 2007

Tagged by a Foodie

Being tagged in blogland is fun for me. It makes up for all the times in fifth grade I wasn't tagged "it" on the playground. Here's thanking Beth for thinking of me. Hope it's not cuz I look like I love food! If so, I just say, "never trust a skinny cook."

1. What’s your #1 comfort food? potatoes, any way, shape, or form. Fave: mashed w/ gravy
2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you? banana
3. What is/are your signature dishes?Lots of people like my White Chicken Chili. My family is crazy about Beef Burgundy. Neither one's original to me. What everyone asks me to bring to their dinner would be hot rolls from the bread machine.
4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for…Vocelli's in Abingdon. Best Italian carryout around.
5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food? Dunkins Boston Cream Donuts
6. What food can you absolutely not eat? sushi
7. You need a drink. You grab...water, Snapple, juice. I'm not a beverage snob.
8. What’s the most decadent dish you’ve had? Butterfish at Roy';s Restaurant, followed by their chocolate lava souffle.
9. What’s your favorite type of food? Mexican
10. Favorite dish? Anything made by a good cook who has invited me over
11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be? Roy's Hawaiian Fusion downtown Balto
12. Are you a soup or salad person? Soup in the fall/winter! Salads in the summer
13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant? Sit down. Be served. No self-bussing. I'm easy to please:)
14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made? A sweetheart dinner for 3 other couples several years ago, I think.
15. Do you consider yourself a good cook? occasionally
16. Do you know what vichyssoise is? does anyone? nope. Bet my French friends Isabelle does. I'll tag her.
17. Who’s your favorite TV cook? Emeril.
18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities? Rachel Ray, Alton Brown, Bobby Flay
19. Homemade or homemade from a box? homemade
20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag. Anyone can feel free to tag themselves for this!
I tag Isabelle, Christina, and Ashleigh. (Danielle if you have time.)

5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Fun learning new stuff about you, Zoanna! I'll try to do the tag this weekend.

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Zo! I appreciate your tagging me, it does feel good to see you thought about me! But I never have the time to do those. Blogging once a week is a feat already! Hope you'll understand. Thanks for tagging me!

Vichyssoise is a cold leek soup, I think.
Have a lovely weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, mashed potatoes are one of my fave comfort foods too, yum! Especially with a sprinkling of dill and garlic. I'll try to do this tag this week . . .

FishMama said...

I think Vichyssoise also has potato in it. ??? I lived in France but I don't think I ever ate that...though I ate all sorts of other "exotic" things.

Kitty Couture said...

Fishmama, some say Vichyssoise was actually invented in NY. Only the name is French, it seems.