Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Quick & Easy No-Bake Blueberry Pie

Danielle featured the recipe for this wonderful blueberry pie with lemon pudding and real whipped cream topping on her blog. She credits getting it from Michelle's blog who got it from....well, I don't know, but you get the picture. I love the e-grapevine!



Sarah made this pie last night and, wow! I can't remember the last great dessert I had that took less than 15 minutes to make.



Keep in mind: it's a no-bake! No heating up the kitchen, no messy pie plate to wash later (if you use a storebought graham cracker crust like we did). There's nothing hard about this one--oh, except for waiting patiently for it to chill! It was so good I had my second slice for breakfast. I mean, a girl's gotta have blueberries one way or another, right?



This recipe would be a good one to teach to a newbie in the kitchen. No knives. No hot ovens. Just the satisfaction of whipping cream into a smooth, fluffy topping. and layering it atop a lemon pudding layer and some fresh blueberries. Man, makes me want a third piece just talking about it.



But I have self-control.

I have lots of self-control.

I have enough self-control.

Just step back from the pie and no one will get hurt.



WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE SURE THERE'S NO MORE BLUEBERRY PIE IN THE FRIDGE???!!!!

If you don't, I may just have to take matters into my own mouth.

-------
We're having company for dinner. The Blums (pronounced with a long u) are originally from Israel but are now attending a Messianic seminary of sorts in New York for three years. They're down now visiting my folks in Forest Hill. The last time they were in town we wanted to take the Blums to Broom's Blooms. (Say that three times, fast). If it weren't for this great opportunity to give them a taste of Maryland's best ice cream, I would ask Sarah to whip up another one of these pies tonight.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummm! I might make this for the caregroup leaders' caregroup tonight. it's either that or a really good blue berry cake recipe i haven't pulled out in a while. We miss Broom's Bloom, but fortunately a gal in the church owns a place called Zach's that makes fabulous ice cream and really super fabulous frozen yogurt. However good the ice cream, there is just nothing like being on a dairy farm and eating ice cream with a mediocre musician singin soft rock with his guitar while the kids run and run and run off their sugar high. good times. i miss MD :( .