Friday, July 25, 2008

Latest tag, revised

Beth tagged me. (Thank you! It makes me feel special. Doesn't take much, huh?)

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Trying to conceive baby number 4
Watching all of my kids play on various sports teams in the spring and summer
Trying to sell our house in Dundalk to move to Harford County

Favorite Snacks
pistachios
chips and salsa
yogurt
string cheese

To Do List

I like adding stuff to my to-do list after I've done it just so that I can cross it off.
Today my list consisted of cleaning the little bath, sweeping and mopping the k. floor, washing whites, dusting the whole first level, and assigning the rest of the chores to the kids! After that my list was mental: go to Sandy Cove for an afternoon of swimming and trying to tan my white skin.

Jobs I Have Had
matador
gladiator
runway model (I first typed "runaway model" which is more like it)
presidential press secretary
liar

Places I Have Lived
Aberdeen, MD
Edgewood, MD
Baltimore, MD
KC, MO
Alden, KS
Greensburg, PA
Towson, MD
Dundalk, MD
Abingdon, MD

Bad Habits
almost everything I do is in excess

5 Random Things People May Not Know about me
1. I save a whole lot of greeting cards. I mean a whole lot. Words mean so much to me.
2. I can sleep almost anywhere but not on my back.
3. I love to swim.
4. I would rather take a missions trip than a vacation.
5. I crack myself up daily but my family just doesn't appreciate good humor when they see it unless it's written on the side of an ice cream truck.

CD I would want if stranded on an island
Rich Mullins' "The World as Best as I
Remember It"

What I’d Do if I Were a Billionaire
This one's tough. I can't fathom a billion dollars, let alone figure out how to spend it. But, getting started would be easy: Tithe a cool million
I wouldn't know what to do with the rest.
Just kidding. I would pay off our debts, pray about paying off the medical debts of people I love.
and pay off any debts our church currently has.
I would travel a lot and make it financially possible to take with me those who wanted to go along. My first choices would be returning to Russia (missions), going to Italy (third honeymoon), wherever my good friend Barb wanted to go (girls' month out), and invest in real estate in my favorite destinations or places to house missionaries.
I would pay the kids' tuitions, but still make them pay for their books and incidentals.
I would replace my knees, maybe get laser eye surgery, get new arches in my feet and have my heel spurs removed, and invent a non-surgical, non-sweating, non-food-depriving way to have the body I want.
I would have fresh flowers in the house every day in every room.
I would hire maids and landscapers and personal massage therapists on call 24/6.
I would hire a chef to cook for the family when I wanted that, and to provide the ingredients and training to me when I wanted to do it myself.
I would buy motivation to do all the things I haven't had it for up till now. Maybe then the back of our basement would get dejunked.

It's a good thing I'm not a billionaire. I'm plenty selfish without a boatload of money!

I tag you if you are between the ages of 19 and 39.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Fun! I may try to do this if I can find some time. :-)