Sunday, December 27, 2009

Blizzard of '09: "Deep and Crisp and Even"














The best part
was when big
brother, Ben, says
to little brother,
Joel, "Get your
boots on, kid.
Let's go have
some fun!"




The worst part was
when the husband, Paul,
says to the wife, Zoanna,
"I cut my thumb on the
shovel. I think it needs
stitches." (I deleted that picture in the interest of those with weak stomachs.)









"And the snow lay 'round about, deep and crisp and
even..."




The snow started late Friday night,
December 19, 2009, and by Saturday night,
we had 14 inches on our lawn. Other parts of
Maryland got up to 24 inches. Malls had to
close. School closed. (Yay! Our break started
three days early!)
Twas a white Christmas after all.

Thank You, Lord, for sprinkling our patch of
earth with the prettiest powder from heaven.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm smiling in celebration for the beauty of the snow! Woo hoo!!
Wow! It IS pretty powder! It's almost "magical" the way it transforms!

Rachel Anne said...

Beautiful! And we were so proud of our 1" dusting of white here in Dallas! Yours simply looks magical.

ps thanks for not posting the thumb pics...I have a weak stomach.

TAB said...

Those photos are lovely. I love the beautiful blue hue the snow casts in the evening.