Friday, May 13, 2011

"Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy"


We went to Chopstix for Mother's Day. What was really special was not having to initiate the plans this year.
Instead, Ben's girlfriend, Deirdra (Dee) asked me on Thursday if I wanted Chinese or Italian. (She knows me. ) I said either, as long as it's not Olive Garden (I don't like it). That left us with a few Italian choices, most of which are booked solid on Mother's Day. So Dee made reservations for Chinese, for 13 people. My whole crew, my parents and sister Jill, Dee's mom, sister, and brother-in-law.

How lovely to just walk right in on a busy restaurant holiday and be ushered to the table and I had nothing to do but say, "Thank you!" When something is really simple that like, I think of what my little boy always says: "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!"

I wanted a picture of my mom close-up, and while this one leaves something to be desired for lighting and background (I mean, c'mon the restroom???) it's better than what I usually do--nothing--because I'm waiting for ideal. In this picture are Ben, Dee, my mom behind her, and Dee's mom, Carabeth. We had a good time. My mom's favorite gift, of course (besides being with her family), was her Barnes & Noble gift card from the grandkids. Surprise, surprise.

4 comments:

Joywriter said...

Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day! Isn't it great when there's a sweet girl involved? (I never got much pampering until we acquired a daughter-in-law!)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Sounds like the perfect plan to me for sure! Glad your family treated you special and you didn't have to do anything but "show up." Blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a delightful time. I like not having to be the one to plan for things even though it's fun sometimes. =p

Have a blessed week!

Laurie said...

Yea for an "Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy" Day with loved ones and family!