Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Almost Forgot

The Lord is sweet to remind you of Mary-like things when you're busy being Martha.

A little while ago I got a small package in the mail that I had requested from GAiN. I asked for as many brochures as they could fit into a priority flat rate envelope. (It's a lot.) These are to be put on tables at our sale.

It didn't hit me for a little while, and then like a storm surge--WHOOSH!-the Lord prompted me to pray for people coming to the sale. I asked Him to please "let me see it in her eyes" a person who needs the Word, Jesus Himself. I picture someone coming who has been searching for things money can buy, but isn't satisfied. Maybe she's getting a shopping "fix" at the yard sale, but what she really needs money cannot buy. The words of eternal life. Immediately I cried out to God to make me sEnsitIve to needs of people, not just be "dealing" with the crowd. But like Jesus to look on the multitude w/ compassion.

This is my prayer today. Please intercede that I spot the woman
(or women) I think God is gonna bring my way.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Joining with you in prayer. There is so much more to a missions trip that the overseas part. A big part of a mission trip is the part that happens before and after the trip. I can't wait to hear all the stories.

Briana Almengor said...

Awesome, Zo! How sweet of God to impart His heart to you re: your yard sale this Sat.
I'll be praying for you.