Friday, April 27, 2007

Good Ole Home Remedy

Yesterday I got home from picking up Sarah from math class at 10:30. I was so tired and sleepy I couldn't keep my eyes open. Running a fever yet freezing all over, I curled up under a heating blanket.

Joel said, "What's wrong, Mom?"

"I'm sick," I said. "I have a headache, my nose is running, I have a cough, I'm shivering, and I can't stay awake."

"You need some chicken noodle soup," he said, matter-of-factly. "Do you want me to make you some?"

Mind you, this is my five-year-old prescribing treatment for me. The one I always prescribe for my family when they've got these symptoms. But how sweet of him to offer to make soup for me! I'm sure if he could, he would. Sometimes just a kind offer, albeit unrealistic, is all it takes to make ya feel a lot better.

1 comment:

Briana Almengor said...

Perhaps you are blog addicted, but I highly doubt you are the least productive person in the world..at least not from my vantage point. :)
As for the possible blog addiction: we've all got our vices. Sugar happens to be mine w/ blogs in a close 2nd. :)