Friday, February 16, 2007

Superheroes En Route, & Other Stuff

I've been reading blogs but not posting or commenting all week in an effort to curb my computer time. I think it's helped a wee bit, but I can barely overcome the urge to encourage some of you when I read your posts.

It's also been a full week, what with going to a viewing in Delaware (thanks for praying; all went well) and having Joel's family b'day celebration here. (You can read his funny comments on Kidbits. I get so much pleasure of that kid, in case you can't tell. To laugh is such a gift. To make others laugh is also a gift. He has both.) Battling freezing temperatures and not falling flat on my butt on our driveway has been a major accomplishment. On Valentine's Day, I did a most romantic thing for my husband: cleaned our closet (except for the top shelves). Now he can actually walk in to our walk-in closet! I took "before" pictures; when I get those top shelves done, I will post "after" pictures. Following the tips in Simplify Your Life, our clothes now hang according to color, which, in Paul's case, means white, sage green, grey and blue. (He wanted to keep a pink and blue pinstripe shirt a couple weeks ago, but I told him he looked like a lollipop.)

Sold a couple of Valentine wreaths to men who wanted to bless their wives and support our missions trip to Russia. I thought more would sell, but that's okay. It's all up to God how these funds are raised. I'll post pictures soon. I probably have 400 pictures to download since December!

I've been enjoying Genesis, as always. What a conniving louse that Laban was. What a deceiver Rebekah was, no wonder Jacob was the way he was. Family tradition of lies, deception, and trickery. I was really thinking that Genesis would make for great TV. Who would you cast as Laban? Jacob? (Even his name means "cheater." Agh!) Rebekah? Isaac when young? When old?

Joel is having a superheroes party tomorrow for kids in his class plus a couple boys older and younger than he, that he just enjoys playing with. We have a lot of games in store and are hoping to find Batman mac 'n cheese or Superman or Spider-Man. Does Kraft have superhero pasta?

Basically I am stalling by blogging. If you're anything like me, the thought of a big to-do can be paralyzing. I still have cleaning, shopping, and decorating to do, not to mention cake making. So, now that I've put off the inevitable, I bid you farewell.

And do tell me who you'd cast for the various characters in Genesis. I say Nicolas Cage for Laban. That's as far as I've gotten.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You are so funny.

I love to procrastinate when I have major projects...I work best under pressure. HEE HEE.

Hey did you check out my blog today.... ;) There is some info you might want to see.