Monday, July 16, 2007

Contest for Handmade Doll

In my post below ("Tanya and Max") I told about how I gave Tanya a pile of gifts and she was grateful for each. However, four of them seemed most appreciated. The winner is the one who can put them order of delight according to her reaction. My original incentive was a yellow smiley faced icon.

But I am going to up the ante. While at one of the orphanages (which I will blog about tomorrow) I bought three handmade rag dolls. The kids gave one to each missionary, but there were more for sale in the gift shop. Proceeds from the gift shop support the orphanage. I'll try to take and post pictures of these little dolls soon. They are really cute. Each one is dressed in a different fabric and has a different wild hairdo made of yarn. They're about six inches tall. THey'd make a cute shelf decoration, little girl's toy, or Christmas tree ornament if you tied a bit of yarn around the waist. A way to remember to pray for orphans the world over. =(James 1:27)

I will award one of these dolls to anyone who:
1) prayed for and/or financially supported my mission trip AND
2) GETS THE ORDER RIGHT.

The contest is now open. It will close at 10 a.m. Thursday.

Here are the four gifts to put in order of favorites (1 being most favorite!)

handmade American quilt
Bath & Body Works Soap
manicure set
peanut butter

No comments: