Monday, July 23, 2007

Scratching my Face Off !!!!

I am sitting here desperate for Sarah to return from Walgreen's with some Benadryl. I am about to scratch off my face, scalp, and upper arms.

An hour ago I had infected tissue removed from my tooth and gum. I must be allergic to the anesthesia or amoxycillun, tho' I've never had trouble with either one before. (I don't know the kind of anaethesia they used.) Remember I broke part of my tooth off when I accidentally bit into an olive pit on July 10th? My regular dentist filled it on the 12th, but said if it wasn't better in a couple days, it would need a root canal.

The pain went from dull ache to misery, couldn't sleep at night with 800 mg Advil. I thought I had used it all up before bed, so I slept NOT A WINK last night. Got desperate at 5 and found some! I read Psalms until I was out of pain, then slept from 6 till 9:30, called the endodontist and they got me in at 2:30 but not out till 5:15. She couldn't do the root canal but was able to cut out the infected tissue she found. She said I should feel 50x better tomorrow. The anaesthesia is wearing off and my jaw is starting to throb again. Meanwhile I am itching like a crazy woman. I am about ready to rip my skin off. My face is all red and blotchy with these huge white bumps. Hives to the max!

Friday I am scheduled for a D&C since my Luke 5:25 problem only resolved for one day in the past 9 weeks. Then I go back the next Friday to have this root canal finished.

I would appreciate your prayers!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I will definitely be praying! You're almost certainly allergic to the Amoxicillin - that's a pretty common reaction. If you haven't already, put in a call to your doc. There are a million antibiotics these days that will also be effective for what you have, so putting you on something else should be no problem whatsoever...and you will be much happier! Also, make sure you let them know when you go for your D&C that you are allergic to Amoxicillin, and that you are currently taking antibiotics - there are some drugs they will make sure not to give you during a surgical procedure if you are allergic to it.

Hope my bit of medical knowledge is helpful!

Zoanna said...

vEry helpful. I did call the doc and she said it was probably the amox. Weird I never had that reaction before, isn't it? And yes, I made sure I could have this half of the tooth job done just days before my other "canal" is done!

Anonymous said...

Zoanna,
I'm so sorry about your tooth pain! And your 5:25 issue. Good gracious you are in the fire, for sure.

I will be praying for you friend.