Saturday, November 03, 2007

Keeping Your Meal Plans on the Computer

I vaguely remember someone posting about keeping their meal plans and shopping list right on the computer. All they do on shopping day is print out meals they want; the list is already made up. I think it was posted by one of my blogging friends. Anyone recall?

If not, can someone suggest a good program to organize meals this way? I think the main reason I don't like to grocery shop is that there are so many decisions. Truly I need to be grateful for all the choices, but I prefer 3 choices of each item I need, not 8 or 12 or 24. (Another reason to shop Aldi's. There just ain't a lot of
brands of salsa to slow down your decision making down.)

If I could just cut and paste the menus and ingredients I want to use for the week, I'd be much more inclined to shop. (Maybe.)

Today I got a bang out of coming in 4 dollars under budget for the week! That'll be Paul's for snacks. I told him I can't linger in the snacks and sweets aisle or I'll blow both budget and diet. Correction. Not "diet"--my "personal health plan."

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I don't know that I posted about it, but I keep both a general grocery list and my menus for the week on my computer. When I'm feeling super organized, I print the general grocery list at the beginning of the week and put it on the fridge, so that I can check off things I need right when I realize I need them. Most of the time, I keep my menus with a running ingredient list on the next page, so when I want to go to the store, I can scan for stuff I already have and then just print the rest.

I can e-mail you examples if you want. Having a general grocery list to start from was helpful for that part - I based mine off of my mom's. It might be a Flylady thing.

Zoanna said...

Yes, I'd like to see it. Please email me! I'd love to just circle stuff I need rather than think of it and write it down. I've been doing this since I was 19. Kinda tired.