Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More sickness humor

Maybe having a head full of mucus makes Joel funnier. I don't know, but he's been cracking me up all week, not even trying.

Last night he was cranky and disrespectful. He got a couple spanking for his remarks, but they kept coming. Crying would make his nose run, so he'd blow it, go back to his drawing and complaining, and get another spanking. I was in control, rational, all that good stuff, just not accepting a five-year-old telling me what to do. He didn't like the way I was redecorating the family room (he doesn't like change at all). After a couple warnings, I finally said, "Joel, if you say one more negative thing to me, I'm gonna have to spank you again. Five hard swats, not three. Now stop."

Well, he criticized again anyway. I got the wooden spoon again, and as he approached my knee, he whined, "Are you gonna spank the snot out of me?"

------
(For the record, I don't think I've ever actually said, "I'm gonna spank the snot out of you.")

2 comments:

Zoanna said...

Woops, meant to put this on my Kidbits blog. I'm keeping it alive since I don't want to forget this stuff. Don't have time to change it, gotta go set my tables!

Happy thanksgiving, alL!

Vicki said...

My friends got the long thick glue sticks at a craft store instead of the wooden spoon. Her kids beg to get swatted with the wooden spoon. They hate the glue stick. But it works! One or two smacks with the glue stick and they really get what you are teaching. A lot of families at the Philly church and Gaithersburg church use the glue stick. it is about a foot long and make sure you get the fat one, not the thin one.