Friday, November 09, 2007

Revulse from the World?

My 18-year-old daughter Sarah (my only girl and the best there is) had something strange happen last night. Strange but true, the kind you read about in Samuel.

It came on the heels of:
1) her studying schizophrenia for a research paper for her psych class and
2) my prayers the other morning for her that she would stay strong in her faith and convictions
on campus.

She asked me this morning at 7:10, "Mom, have you ever heard of the word' revulse'?"

Me: Umm, I've heard of revolt and repulse and revulsion, but not revulse. I think "revulsion" is the noun form of "revolt" but I could be wrong. Why do you ask?

Her: I don't have time to tell you before school. You can read my blog, though.

Me: Okay.

Her: (5 minutes later as I was fixing coffee) Well, I'll just go ahead and tell you before school.
It was so weird. I thought I was going crazy. She told me about the song she heard as she drifted off to sleep, and the phrase she heard that was brand new to her, but an obvious message from the Lord. I told her that was pretty cool, that I had just been praying the other morning about this very area for her. Revulse, as we discovered, means to pull back with force.

Read her strange but true experience here.

No comments: