Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not Cut Out for This

Some people are born organizers. Then there's me.

Oh, I can organize stuff on a small scale, but today I'm tackling the now-infamous OFFICE/SCRAPBOOK ROOM/GUITAR ROOM.

Being only 7x8 feet, it should seem small scale. Maybe it is. To Born Organizers of the Large Scale Type.

Here's what I'm trying to set up the space to do:
1) house the computer, printer, scanner (done)
2) store files such as finances, school documents, tax info, etc in the computer desk.
3) Store my 12x12 papers and smaller ones, plus usable scraps. Believe me, I've thrown out a lot!
4) Store my few scrappin' gadgets .
5) Store 21 years of photos.
6) Store photo albums both complete and in progress.
7) Store guitars and cords.
8) Get rid of old stuff from years ago.
9) Make all the scrap stuff within easy reach of the desk.
10) Store stickers.
11) Store what few inspriational magazines I have (scrapbook-wise).


Give me one drawer. I can organize it.
Give me 3 shelves. I can conquer them.
Give me a few files. Ditto.
Give me a whole room and I'm no good.

I knew I should've waited till the men's retreat to start this, but I was in the mood last night, and Paul was coopoerative about moving furniture out so I could do a good vacuuming. You gotta capitalize on help when it's offered! Joel helped me make piles of each color paper, and I've gone thru one drawer of old files. Now I'm jittery, real jittery, thinking I've got just 3 hours before my main squeeze gets home to see my progress. ACK!!!! I am also supposed to have accomplished some laundry, dishes, schooling Joel--forget it! it's a snow day!, and voting. Here's my vote: HIRE a PRO to do this job! But she'd probably still sit here and ask me a thousand overwhelming questions till I fired her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are asking for a lot of work, and I mean work. You will put things one place, then change your mind, and try another place. You may go for months just back and forth.
Just don't give up! It can be done. And when it is done you will be one happy girl!!
Your office will be your sanctuary.
So go for it!!
Take it from who knows!!
Betty G