Thursday, February 21, 2008

Special Requests

First of all, thank you all who take the time to read and comment on my blog. It means a lot. What means even more is to know that you're praying.

Tonight my menfolk are at the men's retreat in Quarryville, PA. This is Stephen's first retreat. I believe, as I told him in a card, that I think God is going to shape his calling this weekend. Paul and I see pastoral giftings . Stephen loves to read the Bible, books about doctrine, books by preachers past and present, loves to memorize scripture, loves to apply it, is great at expressing himself in writing and in speaking, prays for his classmates, prepares an outline for his prayer group at school, grieves over sin, loves to draw out people (well, he finds it hard but important, I should say), worships privately very often, usually his drums drown out his voice) and he is always serving at church, school, and home. The list goes on. He is also amazing with computers. Seems he's one of those people who thinks like a computer, so he's always my go-to guy extraordinaire.

Here is a quandary, though. He and SArah were selected from their scholarship applications to sit for a 3-hour essay writing time this Saturday at 8:30 a.m. What this means is, I have to go up to Blackrock tomorrow night (late) to get him OR Paul has to bring him home. Paul already is coming home tonight because he needs to work tomorrow (or else he doesn't get paid for these days at this juncture of the company switcheroo). He says if the weather is bad, he'll bring STephen home, stay the night, and go back up for Ben.

The thing is, if the weather is bad enough to delay or cancel HCC's Saturday events, the essay thing will be postponed to March 1. Trouble is they don't normally post till the day of, in which case he'd be home and missing the last morning of the retreat.

Please pray the snowstorm completely misses us OR dumps blizzardous proportions on us, leaving no doubt that HCC would close.

And please pray that STephen would sense the shaping of his calling.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Praying...

Anonymous said...

Praying as well.
Also, my husband, Chris, and Emily sense the same thing as far as calling on Stephen's life. no pressure on the guy, but what obvious grace must be on his life!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for the weather, you and your men.

well, for a selfish reason as well, I don't want my man to get stuck up there. even though he would probably think that was great time all together.

See you Sunday.. of course I wouldn't recognize you :) i may just have to wave madly at anyone and everyone I see and say "are you zoanne?"