Thursday, May 22, 2008

Horrified and Grief-stricken

I just read about the tragic death of Steven Curtis Chapman's 5-year-old daughter, Maria Sue.

She was struck and killed by an SUV in her driveway.

Her older, teen-aged brother was driving the vehicle and didn't see her. Several family members witnessed the horrible scene.

I can't imagine a worse pain. Not only losing one child, but having to console and counsel the guilt-ridden older brother.

Please pray with me for the whole Chapman family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zo
I am just so upset about this. It made me sick to my stomach this morning when I read about it. I agree with having to console a guilt-ridden older brother. I just can not imagine. I mean I know Nick felt like he should have been driving BUT he was not and did not kill Scott. My heart is so broken and just terribly heavy for this family. I have been praying for them all day...

Jessi said...

I heard too, and it makes me just want to cry whenever I think about it...I cannot imagine...

Anonymous said...

i had just sent the article to my mom before i read your post. Horrible horrible horrible. I can't imaging a deeper pain..

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable sad.