Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Birds of a Feather

 
A few weeks ago, I had my 10th/11th grade art class do line drawings of birds.  I  posted one student's piece on Tuesday.

Here are two more that I thought were exceptionally good.  I handed out copies of Birds & Blooms magazine and let the students choose any bird to draw  These drawings took roughly 90 minutes each and were done on off-white sketch paper with a variety of drawing pencils.

A friend used her photo software to enhance the backgrounds. Love the outcome.

Click to enlarge. I just adore the faces on these little cheeps.  I told the students to make their drawings fit a 4x6 space so that they (or I !) could make greeting cards of them.
 
 
 




3 comments:

Susan Kane said...

You have some talented artists there. What a pleasure to teach in that atmosphere.

Zoanna said...

I sure do, Susan. It is indeed a pleasant atmosphere.

Laurie said...

Nice work! It's such a gift to be able to teach (or be taught) to draw!! "Hands to work. Hearts to God!"