Monday, April 07, 2008

Sheets for Soldiers

I am on the hunt for very inexpensive or free, 100% cotton fitted sheets--TWIN size--for soldiers' beds. They are currently using their sleeping bags, but it's hot over there--already in the 100s-- and their only other choice is to lie right against the bunk mattress. I've read many requests for bedsheets and pillowcases and would love to send a few at a time but can't fund it on my own. Anyone care to help? Right now I need :

-two fitted sheets that would go well with a cool dark green color I found in flat
-one white flat sheet to go with a light-blue-with-white-starfish print I found in fitted
-coordinating pillowcases

Have you slept on the new birch fabric? Feels like silk when I run my fingers into it in the bag at the store, but wondering if it breathes like 100% cotton? I want to "love my neighbor as myself" and I wouldn't want to sleep on anything but pure cotton or something very breathable.

No comments: